Cross Gilpin Street - Temporary Prohibition Of Waiting And Loading
What is happening?
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984) and
Regulation 3 of the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure
Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/1215)
CROSS GILPIN STREET (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF WAITING AND
LOADING) ORDER 2023 (“the Order”)
1. Sheffield City Council gives notice that it proposes to make the Order under Section 14(1) of the RTRA 1984 and any other enabling powers over an area of the highway named Cross Gilpin Street from a point on the north eastern kerbline which is 4.5 metres south east of the south eastern kerbline of Gilpin Lane and continuing in a south easterly direction for a distance of 26 metres.
2. The Order is needed because of the likelihood of danger to the public and serious damage to the highway.
3. The Order came into operation on 9 March 2023 and shall remain in force for a period of eighteen months. The duration of the Order can be extended with the approval of the Secretary of State for Transport. The restriction specified will only have effect at such times and to such extent as indicated by the display of notices.
4. While the Order is in operation: it will prohibit any person from causing or permitting any vehicle to wait or wait for the purposes of loading or unloading in areas of highway as described in paragraph 1 of the Order. Such prohibition shall not apply to pedestrian and vehicular access to frontages, contractor plant and local authority and emergency services vehicles.
5. Access to adjacent properties will be maintained at all times.
6. A copy of the draft Order may be viewed on request by contacting the Council on 0114 2734034.
Dated 9 March 2023
Sheffield City Council
Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield, S1 2HH