Baltic Road, Baltic Lane And Shirland Lane - Temporary Prohibition Of Vehicles
What is happening?
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984) and Regulation 3 of the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/1215)
BALTIC ROAD, BALTIC LANE AND SHIRLAND LANE (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF VEHICLES) ORDER 2023 (“the Order”)
1. Sheffield City Council gives notice that it proposes to make the Order under Section 14(1) of the RTRA 1984 and any other enabling powers over areas of the highway named Baltic Road, Baltic Lane and Shirland Lane at each junction with Attercliffe Road.
2. The Order is needed because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the said highway and of the likelihood of danger to the public.
3. The Order came into operation on 26 February 2023 and shall remain in force for a period of four weeks. The duration of the Order can be extended with the approval of the Secretary of State for Transport. The restriction specified will only have effect at such times and to such extent as indicated by the display of notices.
4. While the Order is in operation: it will prohibit any person from allowing any vehicle to proceed in the areas of highway as described in paragraph 1 of the Order.
5. Access to adjacent properties will be maintained at all times.
6. The alternative route for the traffic affected by this Order will be signed on site.
7. A copy of the draft Order may be viewed on request by contacting the Council on 0114 2734034.
Dated 2 March 2023
Sheffield City Council
Town Hall, Pinstone Street,
Sheffield, S1 2HH
Need to publish a public notice?
If you need to publish a public notice, please contact The Star directly at: