Gisburn Road - Temporary Prohibition of Driving Order
What is happening?
LANCASHIRE COUNTY COUNCIL
(A59 GISBURN ROAD, SAWLEY, GISBURN, RIBBLE VALLEY)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF THROUGH TRAFFIC) ORDER 2023
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Lancashire County Council has made an Order under Section 14(1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, the effect of which will be to temporarily prohibit traffic on the roads set out in this notice.
1. Suspend the Lancashire County Council (A59 Clitheroe Road And Longsight Road, Ribble Valley) (Revocation, 40mph Speed Limit And Derestriction) Order 2016 for the duration during which this notice has effect insofar as it relates to the lengths of road set out herein. 30mph speed limit
2. No person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle or cycle to proceed at a speed exceeding 30 MPH on Gisburn Road, Sawley, from a point 535 metres northeast of its junction with Sawley Old Brow, to its junction with Gisburn Road, Gisburn
40mph speed limit
3. No person shall cause or permit any motor vehicle or cycle to proceed at a speed exceeding 40 MPH on the following lengths of road:
a) A59 Gisburn Road, Sawley, from a point 400 metres southwest of its junction with Sawley Road to a point 535 metres northeast of its junction with Sawley Old Brow.
b) A59 Gisburn Road, Gisburn, from its junction with Gisburn Road, Sawley to a point 760 metres in a North Westerly direction
4. The prohibition will be operative from 0001 hours on 12th July 2023 until 2359 hours on 18th July 2023.
5. No speed limit imposed by this order applies to vehicles falling within regulation 3 (4) of the Road Traffic Exemptions (Special Forces) (Variation andAmendment) Regulations 2011 when used in accordance with regulation 3 (5)
of those Regulations.
The temporary prohibition is necessary to facilitate public safety during the Beat Herder Music Festival. Authority given for this Order to be made:
Regulation and Enforcement Manager
Lancashire Highway Services
0300 123 6780