Luton - Multiple Traffic Notices
What is happening?
THE BOROUGH OF LUTON
(TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES) (No.14) ORDER 2023
NOTICE is hereby given that Luton Borough Council, the Highway Authority for the said Borough, on 26th June 2023 made the above Order under the relevant provisions of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended).
The Order will come into operation on 10th July 2023 for a period of 18 months or when the proposed works have been completed, whichever is the earlier. Anticipated dates and times of closures 10th July 2023 to 28th July 2023, 8am to 6pm. Specific dates and times will be signed locally. The Order will therefore be in operation during such date and time and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs, barriers or cones.
The effect of the Order will allow the Council to close to vehicular traffic the following roads and lengths of roads:
● Blenheim Crescent (phase 1 closure) from Montrose Road to Carlton Crescent. Diversion route via Montrose Avenue, Alexandra Avenue, Carlton Crescent. Alternative route via Carlton Crescent, Bath Road, Foxglove Way, New Bedford Road, Montrose Avenue.
● Blenheim Crescent (phase 2 closure) from Carlton Crescent to Alexandra Avenue. Diversion route via Alexandra Avenue, Carlton Crescent. Alternative route via Carlton Crescent, Alexandra Avenue.
● Blenheim Crescent (phase 3 closure) from Alexandra Avenue to Argyll Avenue. Diversion route via Alexandra Avenue, Marlborough Road, Argyll Avenue. Alternative route via Argyll Avenue, Alexandra Avenue.
● Chiltern Rise from Russell Rise to St Saviours Crescent. Diversion route via Meyrick Avenue, Russell Rise.
● Parkland Drive the whole length. Diversion route not available.
● Russell Rise from Bonnick Close to Chiltern Rise. In conjunction with this road closure the Council intends to suspend the one way restriction on Russell Rise.
● Stanford Road the whole length. Diversion route via Taunton Avenue, Somerset Avenue, Turners Road South. Alternative route via Turners Road South, Walcot Avenue, Bloomfield Avenue, Abbey Drive, Exton Avenue, Taunton Avenue.
The Order is intended to create a window for the works to be done and it is anticipated that the works will be completed over a period as described above. The purpose of the Order is to allow carriageway and footway maintenance works to be carried out. For the period of the closure, the Order will also provide for “No Waiting and No Loading” restrictions to apply within the roads and lengths of roads closed for said works. Any vehicle deemed to be in contravention of the restrictions will be issued with a penalty charge notice and removed. This will be in force when traffic signs, barriers or cones are displayed. Access will be maintained as best as possible to properties where this may be done safely whilst such works are being carried out and diversions for traffic will be marked by signs. Details of road closures and diversions can be found at http://www.luton.gov.uk/roadworks, or
telephone Volker Highways OOH Call Centre on 01582 693469.
28th June 2023
Highway Services Manager
Building 14, Central Depot,
Kingsway, Luton LU4 8AU