Portsmouth - Multiple Traffic Notices
What is happening?
THE PORTSMOUTH CITY COUNCIL (VARIOUS ROADS) (PARKING PLACES, WAITING RESTRICTIONS AND AMENDMENTS) (NO. 26) ORDER 2023
Notice is hereby given that the Portsmouth City Council proposes to make the above Order under the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. The effects of the Order would be as follows:
1. To introduce no waiting at any time restrictions in the following lengths of road:
CHIDHAM ROAD, east side, from a point 7 metres south of its junction with Chalkridge Road southwards for 3 metres;
CLAXTON STREET, south-west side, from a point 24 metres north-west of its junction with Railway View north-westwards to its north-western closed end; north-east side from to a point 25 metres north-west of its junction with Railway View north-westwards to its north-western closed end;
COURT LANE, east side, from its junction with Old Manor Way northwards for 10 metres;
FOSTER ROAD, south-west side from a point 10 metres north of its junction with Hale Street North to a point 10 metres south of that junction;
HAWTHORN CRESCENT, south side, from a point 30 metres southeast of its junction with Wembley Grove to a point 8 metres south-east of that point;
METHUEN ROAD, south side, from a point 61 metres east of its junction with Hatfield Road in an easterly direction for a distance of 20 metres;
PARKSTONE LANE, south side from its junction with Craneswater Avenue in a westerly direction for a distance of 15 metres;
MOORINGS WAY, south-east side, from a point 7 metres west of its junction with Salterns Avenue south-westwards for 11 metres;
THE HARD, south-west side from a point 32 metres north-west of the projected west side of Victory Road in a south-easterly direction for a distance of 121 metres. (in place of Pay & Display parking places 8am - 6pm);
PHOENIX SQUARE, both sides of the southern turning head, from a point 5 metres north of the southern end in a northerly direction for a distance of 3 metres, south side from a point 10 metres west of the southern turning head to a point 10 metres east of that turning head;
ROCHFORD ROAD north side, from a point 10 metres west of its junction with Allaway Avenue to a point 3 metres east of its junction with Mellor Close;
SENNEN PLACE north-west side, from its junction with Lock View to a point 3 metres north-east of its intersection with the extended south-western building line of number 36 Sennen Place;
SIMPSON ROAD, south side, from a point 33 metres west of its junction with Simpson Road access road in a westerly direction for 10 metres; and
VILLIERS ROAD, north side, from a point 4 metres west of its junction with Clarence Road westwards for 4 metres.
2. To delete the following parking place:
ST DAVID’S ROAD, Waiting limited to 3 hours, no return within 4 hours or LB permit holders; west side, from a point 61 metres north of its junction with Victoria Road North in a northerly direction for a distance of 6 metres
3. To remove part of the following parking places:
METHUEN ROAD Residents Parking Places (MH Zone) 6pm – 8pm, south side, reduction of 2 metres at the eastern end of the parking bay outside No 151;
PEPYS CLOSE, Permit holders only 4.30-6.30pm west side, outside No 8, to accommodate a dropped kerb;
COURTMOUNT GROVE, Permit holders only 6pm - 8pm south side, outside No. 22 to accommodate a dropped kerb and
CHIDHAM ROAD, Residents Parking Place - Non Residents 2 Hours Exemption, No Return Within 4 Hours Mon-Fri 6am-6pm, east side, outside No. 30 Chalkridge Road to accommodate a dropped kerb.
4. To update the existing traffic orders relating to "No waiting at any time" restrictions to ensure consistency on the following roads (these would not make any changes on the public highway):
FARLINGTON ROAD, from a point 5 metres north of its junction with Chichester Rd to a point 8 metres south of that junction;
PARKSTONE LANE, south side, from its junction with Parkstone Avenue in an easterly direction for a distance of 41 metres;
SHEFFIELD ROAD Both sides, from a point 2 metres west of its easternmost end eastwards to its eastern closed end (including turning head); and
AIRSPEED ROAD, all sides, for their entire lengths
5. Copies of the draft Order, plans and Statement of Reasons are available to view on Portsmouth City Council’s website: Search "Traffic Regulation Orders 2023" at www.portsmouth.gov.uk. Alternatively, they can be viewed at the Civic Offices, Guildhall Square, PO1 2AL, Monday to Friday between 9am - 4pm. Printed copies can be obtained by calling 023 9268 8501.
6. Persons wishing to object to these proposals must do so by sending their representations to TROteam@portsmouthcc.gov.uk or by post to TRO team, Portsmouth City Council, Civic Offices, Portsmouth PO1 2NE, quoting ref TRO 26/2023 within 21 days of the date of this Notice (i.e. by 14 July 2023) stating the grounds for the objection.
Under requirements of current access to information legislation, please note that all representations submitted in response to this Notice, may be made available for public inspection. Full details of the Council’s Data Protection privacy notice can be viewed on the website.
23 June 2023
Felicity Tidbury, Assistant Director of Regeneration (Transport)
Portsmouth City Council
How long will it take?
Open to feedback