Townley Road, London Borough of Southwark - Traffic notice, June 22nd 2023
What is happening?
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
(TOWNLEY ROAD, EAST STREET, MEYMOTT STREET, BLACKFRIARS ROAD, MILLSTREAM ROAD, OMEARA STREET, STONEY STREET,
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND CYCLE LANE CLOSURE
1. The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that to enable various works to be carried out, it intends, to make, an order, the effect of which will be to prohibit vehicular traffic from entering part of the above named roads.
2. Whilst the works are in progress, or whilst the authorised traffic signs/road markings are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload at any time in: (a) Townley Road, between Beauval Road and Lordship Lane, ‘at any time’ waiting and loading restrictions will be imposed on both sides of the carriageway (b) East Street, between Walworth Place and King & Queen Street (c) Meymott Street, at it’s junction with Blackfriars Road (d) Blackfriars Road, closure of north bound cycle lane between Meymott Street and Colombo Street (e) Millstream Road, between Druid Street and Maltby Street (f) Omeara Street, between Southwark Street and Union Street (g) Stoney Street, at it’s junction with Winchester Walk for 15m south (h) Varcoe Road, From outside No’s 74 to it’s junction with Bramcote Grove
3. The alternative route for affected traffic will be (2a) not applicable (2b) as indicated by the signs displayed (2c) Blackfriars Road, Blackfriars Road, The Cut, Hatfields, Stamford Street. Blackfriars Road, Stamford Street, Paris Gardens (2e) (2f) (2g) (2h) as indicated by the signs displayed
4. Meymott Street, will be made ‘two way’ for access and egress purposes for (2c)
5. Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
6. The restrictions will not apply to any vehicle being used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.
7. The works will be in operation for (2a) 3rd July – 30th August (2b) 10th July (2c) 8th – 9th July, with back up dates of the 15th – 16th July (2f) 6th – 7th July (2g) 9th July (2h) 13th July – 1st August
8. Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network Management at email@example.com
Dated this 22nd June 2023
Ian Law Traffic ManagerLondon Borough of Southwark Network Management Environment, Neighbourhoods and Growth
160 Tooley Street
PO Box 64529
London SE1 5LX