Traffic notice - London Borough of Southwark, Avonmouth Street and surrounds, 15/6/23
What is happening?
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
(AVONMOUTH STREET, BOMBAY STREET, CLINK STREET, JOAN STREET, OMEARA STREET, SIMMS ROAD, THURLOW STREET, UNDERHILL ROAD, UPLAND ROAD, RYE LANE, STRATHNAIRN ROAD
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC)
1. The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that to enable various works to be carried out, it intends, to make, an order, the effect of which will be to prohibit vehicular traffic from entering part of the above named roads.
2. Whilst the works are in progress, or whilst the authorised traffic signs/road markings are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload at any time in:
(a) Avonmouth Street, between No’s 6 and Tiverton (b) Bombay Street, Bombay Street, between No’s 3 and No’s 7 (c) Clink Street, between Bank End to 10m east of rail bridge (d) Joan Street. Joan Street, between Isabella Street and No’s 95 (e) Omeara Street, between Southwark Street and Union Street (f) Simms Road, between St James Road and Monnow Road and suspend all parking on the south side of the carriageway (g) Simms Road, between Monnow Road and Thorburn Square and suspend parking on the north side of the carriageway (h) Thurlow Street, between East Street and Inville Road (i) Underhill Road, between No’s 267 - 271 (j) Upland Road, between No’s 180a - 182 (k) Rye Lane, between No’s 174 – 180 (l) Strathnairn Road, between Monnow Road and St James Road and suspend all parking on the south side of the carriageway
3. The alternative route for affected traffic will be (2a) Newington Causeway, Harper Road, Bath Terrace, Rockingham Street, Tiverton Street. Rockingham Street, Bath Terrace, Harper Road, Newington Causeway, Avonmouth (2b) as indicated by the signs displayed (2c) not applicable (2d) Joan Street, Hatfields, The Cut (2e) as indicated by the signs displayed (2f) St James's Road, Esmeralda Road,Monnow Road, Simms Road. (2g) not applicable (2h) Albany Road, Old Kent Road, East Street. Rodney Road, New Kent Road, Elephant & Castle, Walworth Road. Albany Road, Camberwell Road, Walworth Road, Heygate Street, Rodney Road (2i) & (2j) Barry Road, Dunstans Road. Barry Road, Goodrich Road, Dunstans Road. (2k) Copeland Road, Clayton Road. Clayton Road, Consort Road, Heaton Road. (2l) Monnow Road, Trothy Road
4. Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
5. The restrictions will not apply to any vehicle being used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.
6. The works will be in operation for (2a) 3rd July -7th July (2b) 2nd – 3rd July (2c) 5th – 19th July (2d) 4th July at 22;00hrs – 5th July at 06:00hrs (2e) 4th July at 22;00hrs – 5 July at 06:00hrs (2f) & (2g) 3rd July – 3rd August (2h) 3rd July – 7th August (2i) & (2j) 5th July (2k) 2nd July (2l) 30th August
7. Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 15th June 2023
Ian Law Traffic ManagerLondon Borough of Southwark
Network Management Environment, Neighbourhoods and Growth
160 Tooley StreetPO Box 64529London SE1 5LX
Ref: (2a) W118399542-00120 (2b) LBSCR12910 (2c) LBSCR12960 (2d) XTD-00-73-040723 (2e) XTD-00-73-040723 (2f) & (2g) BER9-OBLE35-01 (2h) 77000963 (2i & 2j) 26422159/ 53577853 (2k) SA-358431/000/001 (2l) BER9-STRA150-01