Empress Street - London Borough of Southwark 15/6/23
What is happening?
LONDON BOROUGH OF SOUTHWARK
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 SECTION 14(1)
(EMPRESS STREET, THE CUT, WEST LANE)
(TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC
1. The Council of the London Borough of Southwark hereby gives notice that to enable various works to be carried out, it made, an order, the effect of which will be to prohibit vehicular traffic from entering part of the above named roads.
2. Whilst the works are in progress, or whilst the authorised traffic signs/road markings are displayed, no person shall cause any vehicle to enter, proceed, stop, wait, load or unload at any time in:
(a) Empress Street,10m either side of railway bridge, located at it’s junction with Fielding Street to it’s blocked end (b) The Cut, south west lane of carriageway, at it’s junction with Blackfriars Road (c) West Lane, between Bermondsey Wall East and Pottery Street
3. The alternative route for affected traffic will be (2a) not applicable (2b) Blackfriars Road, Stamford Street, Waterloo Road, The Cut. (2d) Bermondsey Wall East, Cherry Garden Street, Jamaica Road, Paradise Street, Cathay Street
4. Exemptions will be provided in the Order to permit reasonable access to premises, so far as it is practical without interference with the execution of the said works.
5. The restrictions will not apply to any vehicle being used in connection with the said works, or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes or anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform.
6. The works will be in operation for (2a) 29th June at 22:00hrs – 30th June at 06:00hrs (2b) 26th – 29th June (2c) 26th – 30th June
7. Further information may be obtained by contacting Road Network Management at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dated this 15th June 2023
Ian Law Traffic ManagerLondon Borough of SouthwarkNetwork Management Environment, Neighbourhoods and Growth160 Tooley StreetPO Box 64529 London SE1 5LX
Ref: (2a) 6500/HHH-02-19-290523-NR-re-ad (2b) 6586/000811704980135-001-Thames (2c) 6510/ROADCLOSUREFORCRANE-