Lionel Gardens - Royal Borough of Greenwich 14/6/23
What is happening?
ROYAL BOROUGH of GREENWICH
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 – SECTION 14(1)
PLANNED ROAD CLOSURE (ORDER)
1. The Royal Borough of Greenwich make’s this Order in exercise of powers under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. This is to facilitate works by Open Reach who need to replace a pole.
2. The Order will come into operation on 4th July 2023 and would continue to be valid for 18 months. However, the works are expected to take 1 day. The duration of the Order can be extended with the approval of the Secretary of State for Transport.
3. The effect of the Order would be to temporarily prohibit vehicles from entering, exiting, proceeding, or waiting (including waiting for the purposes of loading or unloading), in Lionel Gardens outside 11.
4. Whilst the Order is in operation traffic will be diverted via Lionel Road, Green Way and vice versa. Prohibitions remain in force; pedestrians are not affected, and vehicle access will be maintained wherever possible.
5. Nothing in this Notice will apply to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or traffic warden, to emergency service vehicles, or to vehicles being used in connection with the works.
6. The restrictions described above will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs as prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
7. Queries concerning these works should be directed to the Royal Borough of Greenwich’s Directorate of Regeneration, Enterprise & Skills on 020 8921 6340.
Ryan Nibbs Assistant Director, Transport.
The Woolwich Centre,
35 Wellington Street,
(INTERNAL REF: PL/521/LA450162)