Harrow View, Temporary Road Closure Due To Utility Works
What is happening?
SECTION 14(1)(a) ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURE - HARROW VIEW & HEADSTONE DRIVE
THE COUNCIL OF THE LONDON BOROUGH OF HARROW HEREBY GIVE NOTICE that they have made a Temporary Traffic Management order under the provisions of Section 14 (1) (a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Act 1991. This is to facilitate utility works.
1. The order may be cited as The Harrow (Harrow View & Headstone Drive) Temporary Traffic Order 2023, and shall be operational from 08:00hrs on 12lh June 2023 and shall remain in effect until 14th October 2023 or until the completion of the works, whichever is the sooner. It is anticipated that all of the work should be complete by 14th July 2023.
2. Vehicles shall be prohibited from turning;
(a) right into Harrow View from Headstone Gardens;
(b) right into Harrow View from Headstone Drive;
(c) right into Headstone Gardens from Harrow View;
3. Vehicles shall be prohibited from waiting or loading, at any time, when signs are in place, on;
(a) Headstone Drive, the north side, between a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 182 and 184 Headstone Drive and a point opposite the party wall of Nos. 204 and 206 Headstone Drive;
(b) Headstone Gardens, between a point opposite the extended western kerb-line of Harrow View and a point opposite the extended eastern kerb-line of Brook Drive;
(c) Harrow View, between a point opposite the extended northern kerb-line of Headstone Gardens and a point opposite the northern boundary wall of Nos. 1-10 Claredon Court, Harrow View;
(d) Harrow View, between a point opposite the extended southern kerb-line of Headstone Gardens and a point opposite the southern boundary wall of No. 188a Harrow View.
4. Nothing in paragraph 2 & 3 above shall apply to:-
(a) any vehicles being used for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes in an emergency;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer;
(c) any person who causes any vehicle to proceed in accordance with any restriction or requirement indicated by traffic signs placed pursuant to Section 66 or Section 67 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984;
(d) any vehicles used in connection with the utility works;
(e) any vehicles needing to gain access to properties in the closed extents as far as is practicably possible.
5. The provisions of the order will not have effect unless all the signs in accordance with the provisions of the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016 are displayed, removed or covered, or unless at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a civil enforcement officer.
6. Diversion route;
(a) via Headstone Drive, u-turn at the roundabout and left into Harrow View;
(b) via Headstone Gardens, ahead into Parkside Way, ahead into Station Road, North Harrow, right into Pinner Road, ahead into George V Avenue, ahead into St Thomas Drive, right into Uxbridge Road, Hatch End
Dated 8th June 2023
Ian Slaney, Head of Service - Parking & Network Management,
PO Box 39, Civic Centre, Station Road, Harrow, HA1 2XA
How long will it take?