Chestnut Avenue, Temporary Traffic Measures Due To Paving Works
What is happening?
LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
THE WALTHAM FOREST (VARIOUS ROADS E17) (TEMPORARY TRAFFIC MEASURES) (NO. 1) ORDER 2023 (TT35(23))
1. The Council of the London Borough of Waltham Forest (the Council) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that on 1st June 2023 it made an Order to allow for the laying of permeable paving on the highway in a safe and efficient manner in various roads to mitigate flooding.
2. The general effect of the Order will be, only at such times and to such extent as regulatory signs are displayed, to prohibit vehicles (except works vehicles) from entering, proceeding, waiting or loading for any purpose, at any time, in:
(a) Chestnut Avenue North E17, and
(b) Chestnut Avenue South E17 (its northernmost arm).
3. Whilst the prohibitions referred to in paragraph 2 above remain in force, entry and exit for road users to access private property via the prohibited areas in each road will be given within a 15-minute period when required.
4. Designated controlled parking space in the roads mentioned paragraph 2 above and that are affected by the measures will be suspended.
5. Vehicles waiting or loading in disregard of this Order would be removed.
6. The prohibitions mentioned above would not apply in relation to any vehicle being used -
(a) in connection with the said works; or
(b) for ambulance, fire brigade or police purposes (if the works allow)
7. The Order will come into operation on 1st June 2023 and would be valid for a maximum period of 18 months or until the works are completed, whichever is the sooner.
NOTE: These works would not be carried out simultaneously In all sections of the above-mentioned roads but in a sequence as directed by the Council. Signage placed in advance of any works in the above-mentioned roads would give more specific details on the exact dates of the restrictions and effects of any temporary traffic management as necessary.
Dated 1st June 2023
Mr J Griffin, Director of Neighbourhoods, Traffic Orders, Low Hall,
Argall Avenue, London, E10 7AS
How long will it take?