Union Street Area - Temporary Prohibition Of Driving, Waiting And Loading
What is happening?
SHEFFIELD CITY COUNCIL
Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (RTRA 1984) and
Regulation 3 of the Road Traffic (Temporary Restrictions) Procedure
Regulations 1992 (SI 1992/1215)
UNION STREET AREA - NPG (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF DRIVING,
WAITING AND LOADING) ORDER 2023 (“the Order”)
1. Sheffield City Council gives notice that it proposes to make the Order under Section 14(1) of the RTRA 1984 and any other enabling powers over the areas of highway described in the schedule to the Order.
2. The Order is needed because works are being or are proposed to be executed on or near the said highway.
3. The Order came into operation on 2 March 2023 and shall remain in force for a period of 10 weeks. The duration of the Order can be extended with the approval of the Secretary of State for Transport. The restriction specified will only have effect at such times and to such extent as indicated by the display of notices.
4. While the Order is in operation: it will prohibit any person from causing or permitting any vehicle to proceed or cause or permit any vehicle to wait or wait for the purposes of loading or unloading in areas of highway as described in the schedule to the Order. Such prohibition shall not apply to pedestrian and vehicular access to frontages, contractor plant and local authority and emergency services vehicles.
5. The alternative route for the traffic affected by this Order will be signed on site.
6. A copy of the draft Order may be viewed on request by contacting the Council on 0114 2734034.
Union Street (whole), Furnival Gate (whole)
Matilda Way, from Furnival Gate to Matilda Street
Matilda Street, from The Moor to Eyre Street
Charles Street, from Pinstone Street to Union Street
Dated 2 March 2023
Sheffield City Council
Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield, S1 2HH