Statutory Notice For Temporary Use Ban, pursuant to sections 76 and 76A of the Water Industry Act 1991,
What is happening?
Independent Water Networks Ltd (IWNL)
Gives notice that, pursuant to sections 76 and 76A of the Water Industry Act 1991, the following uses of water supplied by IWNL are restricted.
1. Watering a garden using a hosepipe
2. Cleaning a private motor-vehicle using a hosepipe
3. Watering plants on domestic or other non-commercial premises using a hosepipe
4. Cleaning a private leisure boat using a hosepipe
5. Filling or maintaining a domestic swimming or paddling pool
6. Drawing water, using a hosepipe, for domestic recreational use
7. Filling or maintaining a domestic pond using a hosepipe
8. Filling or maintaining an ornamental fountain
9. Cleaning walls, or windows, of domestic premises using a hosepipe
10. Cleaning paths or patios using a hosepipe
11. Cleaning other artificial outdoor surfaces using a hosepipe
This notice, and further details concerning the prohibitions, current drought and water efficiency advice may be found on IWNL website at https://www.iwnl.co.uk/drought-measures
Water use restrictions will start at 00:01 on 26th June 2023 and continue until further notification.
The restriction applies in the areas of supply of Willingdon (Phase 3) (BN22), Wateringbury Way (BN23), Cuckoo Fields and Ersham Park (BN27), Marshfoot Lane (BN27), Land North of Mackie Avenue (BN6), Cockering Road, Canterbury (CT1), Broad Oak Farm (CT2), Thanet Way (CT5), Greenhill Road
(West) (CT6), Church Road, Otham (ME15), Sutton Road (ME17), Sportsman's Farm (ME19), Turners Hill Road (RH19), Chilmington Green (TN23), Ashford Road (TN26).
How long will it take?
Open to feedback