Proposed Network Rail Leeds To Micklefield Enhancements - installation of small-scale electrification and signalling infrastructure
What is happening?
ACQUISITION OF LAND ACT 1981
PUBLIC NOTICE OF INTENTION TO ISSUE A CERTIFICATE UNDER SECTION 19(1)(b)
PROPOSED NETWORK RAIL (LEEDS TO MICKLEFIELD ENHANCEMENTS) ORDER
1. Network Rail has submitted an application for the above-mentioned order to the Secretary of State
for Transport under the Transport and Works Act 1992. If made, the Order will authorise the
purchase of land (“the order land”) which forms part of open space, as defined in the Act; that is,
land laid out as a public garden, or used for the purposes of public recreation, or a disused burial
2. The order will be subject to special Parliamentary procedure unless the Secretary of State for
Levelling Up, Housing and Communities gives a certificate in accordance with the provisions of
section 19 of the Acquisition of Land Act 1981. The Secretary of State has been asked by Network
Rail to certify under section 19(1)(b), that he is satisfied that the land comprising plots 2-0001 to 2-
0004 does not exceed 250 square yards in extent and that the giving in exchange of other land is
unnecessary, whether in the interests of the persons, if any, entitled to rights of common or other
rights or in the interests of the public.
3. The order land is described in the Schedule to this notice and is shown on the plans referred to in
paragraph 5 below..
4. The Secretary of State Levelling Up, Housing and Communities is required to direct Network Rail
to give public notice of his intention to give a certificate before he reaches a decision, to afford an
opportunity for representations and objections to be made. Network Rail hereby gives that notice.
Any representations or objections in relation to this proposal should be addressed in writing to:
The Planning Casework Unit (4th floor) Department for Levelling up Housing and Communities
23 Stephenson Street Birmingham B2 4BH
By 12 December 2023 quoting reference: PCU/S19/N4720/3329984
5. Copies of the draft order, the order map(s) and of a plan showing the order land, are on deposit at
6. The Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities may, if he considers it
expedient, hold a public inquiry into the matter..
Plot number on plan Description of land to be acquired
2-0001 to 2-0004 All interests over the areas, less than 250 square
yards, at Penny Pocket Park in Leeds City Centre
south of York Street, required by Network Rail for
the purposes of installation of small-scale
electrification and signalling nfrastructure mounted
on metal staging structures between Kirkgate
Viaduct (HUL4/47) and Marsh Lane Viaduct
Senior Planning Manager
Planning Casework Unit Date: 21/11/23